Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why I Slept Like Shit Last Night

I have some nasal problems that sometimes inhibit my ability to sleep through the night. Add to that the following and you'll understand why I am a little tired today:

I wasn't really tired but knew that I had to get up early to drive Massiel to work this morning, so at about 12:00 A.M. I tried to go to sleep. I have this breathing "trick" that I use that puts me to sleep no matter how tired I am.

1:30 First time I woke up. I was sleeping on the "wrong" side and consequently was breathing through my mouth, which got very dry. Got up and had some chocolate ice cream to refresh my mouth. Back to sleep.

2:30 "Wrong side again". Ate a brownie, while watching Poker After Dark and then fell asleep again.

3:45 Received a phone call. I had no idea what the language the caller was speaking, but it was the wrong number, regardless. Didn't eat.

In addition I had some weird dreams not necessarily in this order:

I dreamt that I was in Manhattan, trying to park my car, saw that I had passed a couple of spaces, as apparently had the guy behind me. As we both were going backwards really fast, he stopped quickly, and I smashed into him and then he ran away from the stolen car he was driving.
I dreamt that I was in my apartment, again in the city and I heard a loud noise and looked out my window. There was a helicopter landing on an aircraft carrier that was parked outside my window.
I was in a foreign country with a friend. We knew that when it was time to leave that we would have to take several flights to get home. After the first flight, while we were waiting for our first connection we found out that the flight had been cancelled with no replacement flight listed. Then another friend came to tell us where we had to go to find out about making a connection, but my friend convinced me not to go. We sat there and smoked cigarettes. I am 2 years, 4 months, and 22 days without smoking (but who's counting) but I still dream about it. I don't remember any more about this dream.

As you can see, I was too busy to sleep well last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment