Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Thinker

A couple of years ago there was a Poker player who was a regular at the Almirante Poker game. Everybody called him Pensador(Thinker). I never think of Dominicans as appreciating the art of sarcasm, so I never really understood how he got the name. The guy was as dumb as a wall, and a horrible Poker player, to boot. He was awful, clueless, and very vain. When he would win, he would put this look on his face like he was better than everyone else. I guess it was a look of pride. He would win a lot of hands every night but, as with most players who play too many hands, he generally lost money every time he played. I guess what was important to him was that he got to make his "I'm Superior to you" face.
The other night I was playing at the Almirante and I happened to think of him and wondered why I hadn't seen him. When I was told the answer, I replied, "Don't kid me, where is he". The person I asked swore that what he had told me was the truth. The answer I was given was that he had been arrested for stealing cows, and was currently in jail.

Perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment