Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thanks For The Memories, Boys



These are my two cats Harry (top) and QD. Tonight they did something that brought back memories from the early 1970s. I worked, at the time, with a guy by the name of Ron Scala. Ron had a girlfriend named Jay. Ron used to do a lot of cocaine and he never used to like to share it with anyone, no less his girlfriend. It's the kind of a drug that when you have it, you don't really want to share. Jay was always checking Ron's clothing to see if he had any with him, but after a while he got too smart for that and he always made sure that if he had any, that it was hidden. She knew he was getting high, but she couldn't prove it. Until, that is, she developed the fool proof test. Jay discovered that if she stuck her finger in Ron's nose and then tasted her finger that she would be able to tell, by the little freeze her tongue would get that he had done some coke.

QD sometimes bullies Harry, especially when it comes to food. Tonight I wanted to give Harry a special treat, without giving any to QD. I wanted him to feel special. When QD was in the bedroom I closed the door and went to the kitchen to get the special cat treats that I keep in the house. Harry was scared to eat them because right away QD started to make noise. QD could tell from the sound of the package, through the door, what I was doing. It took a lot of coaxing to get Harry to eat them and even then after he took a piece I had to coax him to take another. Finally we finished and I opened the bedroom door. A la Jay, QD went up to Harry and licked his mouth, checking for the telltale scent or taste of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment