Monday, April 13, 2009

You Can't Buy Teeth By Mail

I have an older sister and a younger brother and their smiles are so bright and their teeth so perfect that they could be the stars of a tooth paste commercial. I had a childhood friend who's teeth were a horror and I remember that when he had to open his mouth to laugh he used to cover it with his hand. He was embarrassed. I am closer to my friend than I am to my siblings. Not horrible, but not great either. I have had some extensive work done down here and have been very lucky to have found two excellent dentists. They are both more for bridgework than they are for tooth work.
Imagine that you go to a lawyer who shares his offices with his partner, another lawyer who you have never met. Your lawyer's specialty is business law, and several times he mentions that he has never been involved in a criminal trial. He has a secretaryand as far as you can tell she is there primarily to do personal errands or housekeeping. At least whenever you go to see him that is what you notice that she is doing. Now, through a case of mistaken identity, you are accused of a serious crime and you find out about it while you are in his office and he tells his secretary to find out when you can see his partner. She comes back and tells you to come back tomorrow at 10:00A.M. When you arrive the next morning they bring you into the partner's office and the next thing you know the secretary comes in closes the door and starts to ask you about the case. You don't want to offend her, but you are wondering when the partner is going to come in, until you realize, through something she says, that SHE is the partner. Holy Shit. What now? You don't want to offend her, but at the same time your ass is on the line.
Yesterday I was having a problem under a denture that gave me excruciating pain. I went to see my dentist and he did a little work and told me what I should do to help the problem. I showed him another problem that I noticed was starting to develop with one of my front teeth. He said that I would have to make an appointment with the other dentist with whom he shares his office. Every time that I have gone to this dentist he has been assisted by a girl of about 25 or so, who he originally introduced as one of his graduate students. My dentist, Dr. Madera, is a teaching dentist. Every Thursday and Friday he goes to Santo Domingo where he is a professor at a university. He has always shown her everything that he was doing and explained the what and how of it.
I was told to come back at 10:00 and when I arrived I was ushered into the other office, seated, and waited for the other dentist. Of course by now you know who came in. I'm thinking to myself, "Hmmmmm, is this what I wanted? Has she ever done this before? Am I her first live patient?" These doubts were quickly reinforced. She obviously had very little experience with the chair. She kept pressing buttons on the control panel until she finally found the right button to make the back go down. It took 4 or 5 tries, at least. Then it was too far down and it took a while to find the button that made the back go up. Next came the problem with the salive sucker ( I am sure that there is a technical name for this thing but really, what else does it do other than to suck saliva?).Then she seemed to have some doubts about the drill. I'm sitting there thinking whether I should stay, or should I think of some excuse for leaving. After all, this was a front tooth and if she fucked it up, I would spend the rest of my life having to cover my mouth like my friend, Bob. I decided that I trusted Dr. Madera and felt that he wouldn't turn me over to an imcompetent. My faith was justified. Before I looked I asked her, "How did you do?" and she seemed a little surprised by the question. She had her mask off and I could see her smiling as she repeated my question. "I did very well", she said. I checked out her work in a mirror that she handed me and sure enough, she did really well.


The Fantasy:


You're laying on a bed on your back and a veiled woman with beautiful eyes is touching your face. Every so often she suggestively touches you, sometimes gently, sometimes more forcefully with her breasts, but you notice that each time there is gentle contact at the same time in some way the contact is always hard. You look at her eyes and you know what she wants.


The Reality:


Dr. Lora needs to use a softer bra and she's a pretty good dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment