Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Well Written Letters

More from my saved emails. This one to support at PokerStars:


It is not very often that I take offense at a Poker table.
Today I had the misfortune of playing with a player who's
name I found to be quite insulting. How can you permit a
player to use the name Dirtyjoobird, as his screenname?
Does the misspelling of the word Jew make it OK? How about
PhuckHew, or Gineebstard, or slanti'ddog? Or doesn't it
matter?
>Joel

Their answer really pissed me off. Just how stupid are
they?



Hello Joel,

We have considered this player's name and I have
discussed it with my shift supervisor, we feel that
it is not clear that this player's intentions were
to be racist. It was a borderline case, but the 'joo'
could easily refer to a name, or some other word, it
is not necessarily meant to represent the word 'jew'.
Thank you for bringing this to ourattention, and
please get in touch any time you have concerns.

Regards,

Joanne
PokerStars Support Team



Why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment