Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thanks Ringo

I think I have mentioned it before, but in case I haven't, whenever I see someone from back from my youth I usually find it upsetting. My normal response is, "My G-D, how old I have gotten." Someone sent me a DVD of a Rolling Stone's concert at the Beacon Theater in New York. I got one look at Mick and that thought raced through my mind. It is not, by the way, a thought that is accompanied by good feelings. I never really feel old, unless I am looking at myself in the mirror, which I try to avoid, or when I am looking at someone my age. My G-D look how old I have gotten. It never fails. When not faced with empiric evidence of my age, looking out from inside my head, I still feel like a young man. Well today something happened involving pictures of a contemporary and I feel really good. Today is Ringo Starr's birthday. He is 70. Wow. 70. But he looks great and as I watched the story on the news I could only think about how young I still am. Thanks Ringo.

No comments:

Post a Comment