Thursday, September 18, 2014

Where have I been, you ask?

That's for a later post.

This post should actually be entitled, "Tales from the Sales Floor", and I have a feeling that there will be more to follow that should have the same title, however for now I will just have to settle for this first post in a long time.

Car sales people, of which I am now one, have a well deserved reputation. For example a customer walked in today and I walked up to greet him. The customer said that he had bought two cars at this dealership from a salesmanager, who's name he didn't remember. He described him as a heavy set black man and since the managers here are all white, I explained to him that even though I was new, I was prettys sure that he didn't work here anymore. As I was saying this another salesman comes walking over, hears the conversation and when I ask him about the sales manager, he names him and then turns to the customer and says, "I remember you, we worked together before." The customer said, "No, I never saw you before". The other salesman asked, "You have a Jaguar don't you", as if to prove he remembered the customer. The customer said, "Yeah, I just drove up in it." Of course he did, how else would the other salesman know?

No comments:

Post a Comment