Saturday, September 27, 2014

Funny, You Don't Look Jewish



I had a family come in today to buy a new car. I helped them choose the right car for them and they then had to work out the final deal with the Finance Manager. Unfortunately, they had to wait several hours to see him. While they were waiting I entertained them with some card tricks and a few stories. The little girl, Sarah, was adorable. She will be eight next week and was the best audience that I have had for a while. She kept asking if I were magic. I'm not quite sure what that meant, but I guess she thought that there was something magical about me. I knew that waiting all that time most have given them an appetite. I always keep snacks in my drawers, things like trail mix and popcorn, and sometimes brownies.  They are for me, but I never mind sharing them. I asked the mother if it would be OK to give the kids some and she said sure. I pulled out my snacks and offered to them, and the two kids were quite happy. Sarah started to eat the popcorn, turned to her mother and said, "You know, when I eat popcorn I always feel so Jewish. We all went crazy laughing.



                                                                             Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment