Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Day, Part 3

When we arrived at our destination, the office of the Sub Director of the Free Zones, Belkis Luna we were ushered into a very plush waiting area which contained two very expensive looking leather sofas and another piece of art. Finally we were allowed to enter her office. Rafael had told me beforehand not to let on that I spoke or understood Spanish so I had to do what I do best. I acted ignorant. I was introduced as the customer who was waiting anxiously for his merchandise. I found it a little distressing that the whole time that we were in her office her television was on, even though the sound was off. Periodically she would ignore us in order to watch it. It took about an hour to get everything worked out. When we left I felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off my back. The ride back was uneventful. I got home at about 3:00 and promptly went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment