Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Truth

I think that it was either Miss Baldwin, my third grade teacher, or Mrs. Lipton, my fifth grade teacher, who once wrote on my Report Card that, "Joel would be a wonderful student if he would stop trying to be the class clown". I couldn't help myself then and I still can't. If I think of something that I think is funny, I can't help myself. I have to say it, and often the more people I tell it to the better. I am not a mean spirited person and very rarely say anything about someone that is meant to hurt them. This is to set the record straight regarding my June, Graduation Month post.

I have been with a lot of women in my life. I have been married 4 times and had many girlfriends. Of all those women (see, my sense of humor wants to take control right here and add "and the few men") I have only been with one for whom my love and affection has grown every day. My wife Massiel is that person. She has been a good sport about many of the things that I have said and written about her. She is such a great person, bright, intelligent, and funny that I consider myself to be a very lucky man to have someone so wonderful caring about me. And she does care, both about and for me. I always tease her about this, but the truth is that I could not ask for a woman to make me any happier than Massiel makes me. I call her names all the time and she takes it. I tease her all the time and she takes it. Actually, she not only "takes it" she seems to enjoy it.

I am writing this because I want all my thousands of readers to know how lucky I am to have the most wonderful, clever, honest, smart woman in the world loving me.

Thank you, Babe.


Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment