Friday, October 14, 2011

A Truly Defining Comment

Today, after going food shopping at Nacional, we came home hungry. I had bought this outrageously great bread call Pan Kimbo w/Cheese. It's kind of a twisted loaf of really soft yellow dough with cheese embedded in it. It's the best bread for ham and cheese sandwiches and makes an incredible french toast. When I make french toast with this bread I always cut the pieces really thick. To give you an idea how thick I cut it, I needed 5 eggs for the 4 pieces that I made today. I didn't do such a good job cutting the first piece. It came out kind of crooked,  so I ate that piece dry while I cooked the other 4. I gave Massiel the first two slices and then cooked my two. When I finished cooking I joined Massiel at the table. She was almost done. I realized that I had too much and cut a small piece off one of mine and tried to give it to her. Understand that Massiel can eat. Her answer showed a lot about her. She said she didn't want the extra piece. Not because she was too full, but rather because, in her words, "I'm too tired to chew".

No comments:

Post a Comment