Saturday, June 12, 2010

An Old Favorite

Every couple of months Massiel does a little housekeeping on my nose. (It is safe to keep reading, there is no more nose news.) It is really quite painful. As I am complaining, she always tells me how it doesn't really hurt. Tonight when she told me that I was reminded of one of may favorite jokes that I used to tell 40 years ago.

Ahmed was a camel driver. He knew that if he gelded his favorite camel, the camel would be more manageable, be able to go further with less water, and carry greater loads. The problem was that Ahmed had come to be very fond of this camel and he knew that the castration would be very painful, consequently he could not bring himself to do it. One day, however, while walking through the market he passed a stall with a sign that said, "Camels gelded painlessly". Ahmed spoke with the stall operator, Mahmoud, and they set a price.
The next day Ahmed showed up at the agreed upon time with his camel. Mahmoud picked up two large bricks and walked around to the back of the camel to where he would have complete access to the camel's private parts. He quickly clapped the two bricks together as hard as he could on the camel's privates. The camel immediately started to scream and fell to his knees in pain. Ahmed went to the camel and started cradling his head to try to alleviate the pain, but to know avail. The camel kept screaming. Ahmed turned to Mahmoud and said, "But you told me it was painless". Mahmoud replied, "Trust me, if you don't get your thumbs in between the bricks, you don't feel a thing".

I know how the camel felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment