Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Serious Problem Discovered While Trying To Write An Interesting Blog

I have no fucking life. I am a character in a Bizarro World version of Groundhog Day.

I really enjoy writing. I have always felt that I write well. Nobody ever reads this, or at least no one ever leaves a comment to let me know that they are reading this so I guess I'm the only capable of judging my work and as I said, I have always felt that I write well. I have always felt that if I had a story to write, I could really do a hell of a job writing it. Years ago, even before I moved to the DR I said that to my daughter and she bought me a journal to write in. I still have it. It is still in its original wrapping. As the funniest person that I know, I am sure that the actual writing of the story, while laborious, would be a lot of fun filled with comical, hysterical observations and ideas. Unfortunately, I have never had that story in my head. I have suffered from permanent writer's block for my entire life. Here I am with this great sense of humor, wonderful command of the English language (there is a $10 reward to anyone who ever discovers a dangling participle), 50 words per minute typing skill, and NOTHING TO SAY.

Let me let you in on a secret. I just went back and changed the offer from $20 to $10. Why did I do that if no one ever reads this?

OK, so now I write a blog. I try to write every day, but coming up with subjects is a problem. I don't want this to be a place just for whining, and talking about my Poker experiences would be relatively boring. For example; I caught a friend's girlfriend cheating last night and got into a heated argument with her. She was telling someone with top pair to call my re raise. He did, and I won more money than I would have if he had done what he wanted to do, which was to fold. Fascinating stuff, huh?

I read a few blogs on a regular basis. They seem to have a lot more going on in their lives than I do, which might be due to the fact that I live in Santiago and they live in the real world. For me right now the problem is that the sewing business that I am involved in is slow, and I have nothing to do at the factory, even though I go every day, I play Poker online every day, somehow always managing to stay even, and while I spend great non Poker evenings with Massiel, I do get bored watching TV with her ( I am out of the room for her soaps).

I wanted to write something today and I did. Thanks for not reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment